Seeking Senior Mechanical Engineer to join our dynamic multi-disciplinary project teams performing work for federal clients across U.S. and abroad plus commercial aerospace clients on Florida’s Space Coast. Fast paced collaborative environment with flexible scheduling. Strong upward mobility. Opportunities to work on a wide range of design challenges and develop into a well-rounded engineer. Don’t get stuck behind a desk doing the same thing over and over. Instead, join an established and growing company where you can do important work.
- Performs project planning and design for facility mechanical systems and infrastructure. Performs design engineering (plans, specifications, calculations and cost estimates) for new facilities, equipment and facility modernization projects.
- Acts as discipline technical lead and directs other engineers and coordinate with other disciplines assigned to project.
- Interacts with clients and presents designs at milestone reviews.
- Performs mechanical engineering construction support.
- Develops mechanical analysis/calculations and modeling such as fluid flow analyses, HVAC thermal loads and airflow and FEA on components and supports.
- Performs 3D modeling of building systems or components for coordination models, analysis and design drawings.
- Applies codes, standards and guidelines, such as the Unified Facilities Criteria (UFC), ASHRAE Standards, Florida Building Code and ASME standards.
- Reviewing designs and analyses performed by others for compliance with requirements and statement of work.
- Ability to technically mentor engineers with less experience.
- Confident and ambitious problem solver.
- Creative and Innovative; Self-directed.
- Understands the culture of business.
- Detail oriented.
- BS Mechanical Engineering degree required from an ABET accredited program.
- 10+ years of Mechanical Engineering design and analysis experience.
- Valid Professional Engineer license.
- Experience in 3D drafting/modeling software such as Autodesk Revit, AutoCAD or PTC Creo.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and e-mail applications.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Effective, proficient communication (written and verbal) skills.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Current US Passport
- Valid/Unrestricted FL driver license
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
- Must be a US Citizen for Security Clearance requirements.
- Active/Interim or ability to obtain Secret Security Clearance.
Most work is performed in an office environment. Field investigations and construction support require regular trips to operating facilities and active construction sites.
Some travel to US sites outside of Central Brevard County, FL and/or international
project sites may be required occasionally.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Performing inspections and providing construction support may require climbing ladders and stairs and accessing spaces such as roofs, basements, crawl spaces or utility tunnels.
- Industrial site investigations and field construction support may require extensive walking.
Nelson Engineering provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.